Thursday, November 27, 2008

The "Happy News" that I alluded to yesterday can now be shared

drum roll please Maestro

ta da da dahh [ okay so that's more like a trumpet fanfare... sue me ]

As of last Saturday evening Nadie and The Boy are now engaged.

I have no idea whether he went down on the traditional bended knee - it was twilight on a wet and windy beach, so perhaps not, but in any case, as both sets of parents have now been informed, as well as one hysterically happy Italian Grandmother, 't'is official.
We WERE all going to be told in person at Christmas but a certain Boy leaked the news to his mother yesterday and so I was promptly thereafter told over the phone
Harumph
she was up here Monday and didn't tell me !!!! Little Beggar ! I needed to hug someone and there was no one here except David, who really had no idea why I was happy but let me hug him anyway.

Anyway, the wedding will be in about two years, once The Boy has finished University

10 comments:

crazyhaberdasher said...

Wow! Yay! Yipee! and Yay! again!
That is fantastic news! Nadie deserves all the happiness in the world! Congratulations and love to both and to you too of course!

Tanya Brown said...

Congratulations!

Two years. Plenty of time to knit your daughter's wedding dress, no?

April said...

Hooray for the happy couple!!!

Time to get started on that Wedding Ring Quilt, eh? :)

Rose Red said...

Congratulations! I sort of wondered if that would be the happy news!

As others have said - two years is a nice long time to have the wedding quilt/dress made isn't it!

catsmum said...

Well RR, it's more than possible that she may choose to wear her grandmother's vintage gown - if I can get it cleaned properly - but the quilt ... well ...
this is the girl who commented on her brother's wedding quilt
" You've set the bar kinda high there Mum, mine's going to have to be a real show stopper !! "

Anonymous said...

And once again we're back to photos where I am always wearing the same shirt =D (at least it's a different shirt this time).

Sheepish Annie said...

That is wonderful news!!! Congrats to the happy couple! If you have any questions about bridesmaid dresses, I'll be happy to consult. I have now been in three thousand weddings. I know from bridesmaid dresses...

Hugs to all and another gi-normous congratulations!

Nadie said...

Thanks everyone :)

re: dress - I have a pretty good idea of the style I want, just a matter of finding it (and no, it's not knitted). As far as bridesmaid dresses go, thats likely to be a headache since one of my best friends is likely to be quite vocal about being put in any colour I'd choose.

As for the wedding quilt, at least mine will get used, and yes, she has set the bar very high.

Lindi said...

Congratulations to Nadie and The Boy!
Exciting news.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! x